Oyster Mix: Canyons
They're playing at a Woodstock-themed warehouse party tomorrow night — here's a little 'love' mix to get you in the mood.
Ryan and Leo from Canyons make the best kind of music, the kind that makes you want to dance. Their lush sounds loosely reference everything from psyche and surf, to disco and house, and with their bangin' debut album Keep Your Dreams (out through Modular) Canyons are going from strength to strength, here and overseas.
Here are ten fun facts about Canyons from the guys themselves (who knew they liked knitting?!):
1. Our real names are Ryan Grieve and Leo Thomson.
2. We love many different styles of music.
3. We both find it hard when buying pants.
4. Porridge with strawberries and yoghurt, is our winter breakfast of choice.
5. We're currently remixing new singles from Lisa Mitchell, Tame Impala and Ladyhawke.
6. We like to party, when it's worth it.
7. We made an album called Keep Your Dreams, which is something everyone should do and listen to.
8. Good books, films, people, plants, surfing, food and knitting are some things that get us inspired.
9. We love Neil Degrasse Tyson — look that man up if you're not aware.
10. We both want to own dogs at some point.
Lucky for you, they're playing an all-night DJ set at the Picnic Presents One Night Stand warehouse party tomorrow night! The top secret address will be revealed soon, but you can pick up a ticket now for $20. The party is Woodstock-themed, meaning the free love will be flowing all night long. To get into the mood, Canyons made us an exclusive mix that's all about L.O.V.E — from spreading it, to regretting it. Download it now!