Poepke's Top 5 New Season Picks
Dries Van Noten, Haider Ackermann and more from the Paddington store.
'Poepke' — a Flemish term of endearment — is pretty much the perfect way to describe this chic little shop nestled among the terraces on William Street in Paddington. Opened by Annie Buchanan and Nicola Lie eleven years ago, Poepke has since built a following of clever, confident and perpetually well-dressed customers. The go-to Sydney store is a haven of colour and quality, stocking the work of geniuses like Dries Van Noten, Ann Demeulemeester, Rittenhouse, Haider Ackermann and loads more — plus you're almost guaranteed to get served by adorable girls with pink hair who wear their sneakers with socks. Here are their picks of stock that's fresh to the floor:
1. These mixed patterns and vivid colours are classic Dries Van Noten. (The Kurt Cobain-ish sunglasses are the cherry on top.)
2. It appears as though Haider Ackermann has discovered the power of pattern. Colour takes a backseat to unexpected combinations of print and texture.
3. Bernhard Willhelm takes his acid trip to the next level. Warning: not for the faint-hearted.
4. The ultimate in vampire chic from Ann Demeulemeester. That hair is (almost) our favourite part.
5. This perfect mix of masculine and feminine by Dries Van Noten will be the muse of every woman this season.