Top 5: Designer Chokers
A trend to choke on.
The Victorians were wearing chokers a good 200 years ago - as Queen Alexandra can attest, anyone who was anyone in the 1800's had a cameo clad neck. The choker saw a revival in the nineties, most notably rendered in hemp and miniature seashells and plastic, in the case of the ubiquitous, bubblegum machine dispensable 'neck tattoo'. Once again it seems that dangly and dainty chains are out, and (literally) in-your-face neck pieces are in. Designers are hot under their collars for chokers - and they're not discriminating when it comes to size and shape. Alexander McQueen paraded soft, tall ruffs made of organza down the runway; Michael Kors opted for wide reflective cuffs; and Delfina Delettrez tried a gothic pendant style. Below we've compiled a list of our some of our favourites.
1. Isabel Marant 'Object in the Mirror' choker available from La Garconne
2. Assad Mounser 'Fluorite Crystal Collar' necklace available from OTTE
3. Lanvin 'Brass and Swarovski crystal choker' available from Net-A-Porter
4. Iosselliani Limited Edition Multi Choker available from Bona Drag
5. 3.1 Phillip Lim Double Leather Collar available from Ssense